Before I speak of our first challenge, I will explain the rules we agreed to work by. After posting a challenge we have a week to make it, whether it is a dish or a dessert. Then after we meet the challenge, we post our pictures and our comments and adaptations.
So the challenge we start with is a recipe I am very familiar with, since it is one of the first I ever made. So it is like finding an old friend. It is a recipe I got from a Barilla box and here is the recipe:
Spaghetti with tomato sauce
Ingredients for 4:
- 400 g spaghetti
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 150 g pitted black olives
- 1 clove garlic
- 2- 3 Tbsp Pecorino Romano (or any other cheese you like)
- pepper Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds, put them in a bowl with the chopped garlic, oil, salt and pepper. Mix.
- Let cool for half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Cook the spaghetti “al dente” in plenty of salted water, drain well.
Put the spaghetti on a plate, season with tomato sauce.
Garnish with black olives and Pecorino.
So all to our pots and pans…