If you are like me, and are a huge lover of food programs in particular, then you are going to LOVE this challenge. I got the idea from watching programs such as Masterchef Australia and Hell’s Kitchen and I have always wanted to try it. The Taste Test is one of the toughest challenges presented to contestants and chefs would say that a good palate makes one a better chef. The test always looks so simple watching from the comfort of my couch and I always feel like it is a bit like watching trivia game shows. It always appears as if contestants get the simplest of ingredients wrong and at home you always think you can do better. So how hard is the Taste Test really? We Tastebudz are about to find out!
The test will follow what I’ve seen on food programs, but I basically made up the format and rules, so it might not be perfect! So please do adjust as you see fit!
The Taste Test:
- You need to complete this challenge with a friend.
- Each person chooses 5-10 raw ingredients. Make sure that you have equal ingredients between you.
- Prepare the ingredients in non-transparent glasses or bowels and cover it so the person tasting cannot see them.
- One person is blindfolded and has to guess what the ingredients are by tasting each one (with help of course).
- Ingredients used must be something you know the other person has eaten before.
- Raw ingredients only. This is our blog’s first Taste Test and we thought to start with a simple challenge of the palate.
- NO cheating! The person tasting should not be given clues as to what it is as this is a challenge based on taste alone!
- You only get one chance to guess the answer.
Good luck and have fun!