I am posting a slide show for the recipe as a variant of photo posting in details as I am also posting the recipe down below. Enjoy!
Serves 6 to 8
- 3 Kg Opo squash
- 1½ cup rice
- 1½ oz ground lean beef meat
- 2- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 Tbsp dried mint
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Juice of a lemon
- Salt, Pepper
- Peel and chop off the squash head and part of its bottom.
- Core the squash. Make sure that there are no seeds left inside because they can create bitterness.
- Soak the squash in water till all are cored and ready to be stuffed.
- Mix the rice, the meat, the salt and the pepper together and fill up the squash.
- Leave some space for the rice to expand when cooked. Be sure not to push in the stuffing, let it be sitting loosely in there.
- Line up the squash in the pot with the butter and cover up with water.
- Cook on medium heat till all is cooked.
- In the meantime pound the garlic with a little salt. Add the lemon and the dried mint and mix.
- Add the mixture to the pot, bring to a boil. Leave for 2 to 3 minutes for flavors to combine. Adjust seasoning. Serve with some sauce.