First i would like to wish a late Happy Thanksgiving for our Buddy Clint and to all who celebrated; this year I had the chance to share the preparation for this holiday.
Arthur Murray Dance Studio is an American franchise in Dubai, and I have been practicing ballroom dancing there since almost 6 months. The manager is from United States and he invited us all for a Thanksgiving celebration on Wednesday 23rd November where every attendant will prepare one traditional dish.
I was to prepare the corn casserole and here is the recipe that Joe (the manager) provided me as per his mom’s:
“My mom made this every thanksgiving while i was growing up and it’s now my favorite: corn casserole at Thanksgiving”
Corn CasserolePreparation time: 10 mn Cook time: 30mn Total time: 40mn
- 1 egg
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1can (15 ounce) cream style corn
- 1 can (15 ounce) golden whole kernel corn (drained but resave 3 tablespoon liquid)
- Butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup half and half (milk and cream)
- 24 to 30 soda crackers, crushed (reserve an adequate amount for topping)
- Beat egg in a bowl with a fork until frothy. Blend in seasonings, reserved liquid and corn. Add chunks of butter (about 2 tablespoons), cream and cracker crumbs; mix well.
- Turn into a buttered 1 quart casserole .Top with reserved crumbs and dot generously with butter.
- Bake at 350F for30 minutes.”
After getting all the ingredients, – and of course I choose the light versions of the milk, butter and cream – I hit the kitchen and follow the recipe step by step.
I was scared to mess a step since it was the first time that I prepared something that I never tasted or saw before that day. After 40mn of preparation, the smell was good and really tempting but I managed to save it for next day 😉
After the party I was so happy to receive text messages from friends admiring my corn casserole :D…that made me happy. I guess I am going to try it once I am home for Christmas and see what my family would say:D.
Enjoy the recipe and waiting for your opinion 😀 :D.