The Taste-Buds (TB as referred down below) received their very first award: The Honest Award courtesy of the Caveman author of the Caution Caveman Cooking blog . The rules of the award state that we need to list ten honest things about ourselves and then pass the award on to ten other deserving bloggers. We ought to have published this earlier, way earlier, but we had technical problems.
So here are 10 honest things to hate love about us.
- The three of us live in different continents, literally.
- We use yahoo conference to talk about TB issues and we end up having a laughter orgy rather than a serious talk.
- We adore the idea of TB because the challenge brings in a novelty and different outlook about the same dish. While Zee is just beginning her culinary journey, Clint and Viviane have more experience, which gives a different approach to each dish.
- We gained new experience and new tastes since we started TB, we had the opportunity to try new cuisines and new recipes.
- Clint and Zee did not know each other till we put TB on track.
- Zee and Viviane have a weird telepathy, they type the same thing at the same exact moment.
- Two things Viviane hates in food prepping: peeling potatoes and squeezing lemons. She and Zee absolutely HATE cleaning the kitchen after the mayhem they caused (does anyone like it?). Clint would dislike to have a malfunctioning oven more than anything or maybe just as much as missing a spice he needs in a dish.
- Zee is still nervous about cooking, although she has done great so far, Viviane gets nervous when there is baking in the horizon while Clint masters both disciplines.
- If you want Clint to not attempt to eat a dish, add zest to it, any zest: lemon, orange… Viviane will not eat eggplant, organ meat or gizzard (Clint shares that too) even if at risk of starvation and Zee would rather lose weight than to eat tripe (Viviane and Clint share this aversion), those who know her know she is always trying to gain some. Another aversion Zee has: raisins. She will pick them out of any dish, so will Clint. Although he would eat them in oatmeal cookies and plain.
- We gave those things a LOT of thought hence it took us ages to complete, plus add #2 to the equation this will be a recipe for delay anticipation.
The Ten Blogs we think deserve this award are (in no special order):